Next Date: TBC
Call 028 7940 1246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
This COSHH training course is designed to give candidates a knowledge of the risks surrounding working with hazardous substances, including how to begin a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed. The course enables organisations to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
- Introduction to COSHH – What is a hazardous substance and where are hazardous substances found? Routes of entry, ill-health and other effects and chemical labelling.
- Legal Framework – Benefits of COSHH regulations, the different laws for specific substances and employer and employee responsibilities.
- Risk Assessment and Control Measures – Complying with COSHH regulations, COSHH risk assessments, risk prevention, control measures hierarchy, work exposure limits, personal protective equipment, health surveillance, instruction and training.
- Types of Hazardous Substance – Reducing and eliminating risks from flammable, explosive and asthma-causing substances, asbestos and lead and emergency procedures.
- Spill Kits – This short section will look at the cleaning up of small spills such as oils and diesel etc. The trainer will require access to a spill kit. Please advise on type and spec available in advance of the course.